I was having trouble sleeping the other night, so I took the time to stay up and watch some "man" movies that I am unable to view while the kids are awake for various reasons (too much cursing, killing, and such). Like any self-respecting man I was preparing a wide variety of snacks to consume during the movie. While in the process of slathering mustard on a slice of bread I noticed a tapping sound coming from the large window behind me.
Turning around, I saw a luna moth racking its head against the glass in an attempt to gain entry into my domecile. It had been several years since I have seen one these beautiful creatures and I didn't want to forfeit an opportunity to catch this one up close (and grab a few stills of it also). I turned of the lights in the kitchen and immediately turned on the porch light, hoping the moth would turn it attention on that source and head over that way. I was in luck, the moth did exactly what I was hoping it would. I grabbed a few shots of the moth perched on the back door trim and retreated once I felt like I had taken enough. I wonder what Edgar Allen Poe would have thought of this nocturnal visitor and if he would conjure another masterpiece based on this encounter.
Today's Instagram from BeFrank
7 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment