I was lucky Friday. I worked dayside and was actually able to use my camera for something other than a mark of status. I didn't get the hard news story of the day, but I did get a good story with a great character so there is no complaint. I got to work with two great reporters that I enjoy being around, and quiet possibly for the last time.
We were going to go to Memphis this weekend, but the plans fell through. Heather and I discussed the opportunity and we decided I should go ahead and accept the position. My only anxiety at this time is being unprepared. There is a possibility that I might have to go by myself for a little bit until we find a place that suits us. I accepted the Job Monday afternoon. All that is left is to get the official start date and turn in my resignation at my current shop. One thing is for sure, I will definitely miss this shop.
Following an unfortunate trip out Rte. 8 which I could but will not write a novel about, our car was rendered inoperable for a short period of time. Fair warning for any of you who wish to take a day- trip down this road, the asphalt ends abruptly and turns in to a severely rocky road (one that can blow tires). I ended having to call off Monday night from working all day on the car. It was pretty late by the time I got home and got in the shower. I volunteered to keep Aidan with me so Heather could sleep.
That didn't last long...I was called by work. Turns out breaking news likes to happen when I'm not at work. An apartment complex caught fire and one person was rescued from the building by firefighters on scene.
The video wasn't great, it took me 35 minutes to get to the station from my house and then another 5 minutes to get to the scene. By the time I got there the fire was out and the patient had been transported. I got what I could and then went back home.I guess Aidan has become accostomed to hanging with his dad at night because he wouldn't calm down or go to sleep for Heather. Once I got home and took him he went right to sleep.
Today's Instagram from BeFrank
7 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment